Radio Communication or RF Technician
- Sioux City, IA
- Mason City, IA
- Columbus, NE
- Fort Dodge, IA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, service and install two-way radio wireless communications systems for Fire, Police, Ambulance, Government Agencies and Commercial businesses.
- Troubleshoot and repair two-way radio equipment, voice and data communication equipment, update radio equipment databases, construct electronic/radio frequency circuits, test and evaluate new equipment and technologies.
- Triage and repair radio infrastructure, including portable and mobile radios.
- Equipment includes but is not limited to Motorola, and LTR Trunking systems, wide area coverage systems, Bi-Directional Amplifiers, Paging Systems, and Motorola and Zetron Console Systems.
- Complete job tickets and other required work documents.
- Assist as ground support in antenna/cable installation or system maintenance work.
- Receive and make radio service calls.
- Ability to work after hours and be on-call.
- Education: High School Degree or GED Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in electronics, radio technology, or related technical field.
- Experience using communications test equipment such as RF Signal Generators, Network and Spectrum Analyzers, Wattmeter, Frequency Meters, Deviation meter, etc.
- Experience with wireless equipment including base transmitters, antenna systems, radio trunking and microwave networks is considered a plus.
- Experience with Motorola is considered a plus.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Licenses/Certifications, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to successfully complete within 6 months of employment or already possess the MECP, ETA or CET basic installation technical exams.
- Must acquire all appropriate licenses and certifications to operate equipment needed to perform tasks, as required by management and maintain in good standing at all times.
- Ability to use math including formulas to determine circuit design, measure load, operate test equipment, make voltage conversion.
- Mechanically inclined and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions.
- Must possess and maintain in good standing at all times a valid State issued driver’s license.
- Ability to operate company vehicle safely and in compliance with applicable state laws and company policies.
- Ability to demonstrate a proficiency in the use of desktop and laptop PCs.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, a team player and a quick learner with a positive attitude.
- Able to demonstrate respect for all individuals, adhere to the Company’s values and business practices and do both consistently.
- Consistent performance and attendance.
- Use hand tools and test equipment such as volt meters, ammeters, spectrum analyzers and service monitors.
- Ability to lift, pull and lower equipment manually.
- Ability to perform work at a bench/desk, or in a crouched, kneeling, stooping or squatting position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work from aerial devises, ladders, platforms utilizing safety harness, body belt and safety trap.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50lbs.
- This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with a 1 hour, unpaid lunch.
- May require working long hours, weekends, or on-call as needed.
- Work either in the field or in a shop/office environment.
- May work in severe weather conditions.
- Exposure to radio frequency energy levels complying with OSHA safe limits.
Electronic Engineering is a drug-free work place. All applicants must take a pre-employment drug test and obtain a negative result as a condition of employment.
State Background Check and Fingerprinting will be required due to security clearances needed for some jobs.
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Employees at Electronic Engineering Co enjoy competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including medical/dental insurance, life insurance, FSA, 401K, vacation/personal days and paid holidays. Additional compensation is available for service calls run after hours.
- Company vehicle provided for jobs off-site.